2020 NATIONAL FESTIVAL OF TALENTS
1. The Department of Education (DepEd), through the Bureau of Learning Delivery-Student Inclusion Division (BLD-SID), will conduct the 2020 National Festival of Talents with the theme, Authentic Filipino Talents and Skills: Breaking the Barriers for Inclusive Education, from February 17 to 21, 2020 in the City of Ilagan, Isabela to be hosted by DepEd Region II.
2. The 2020 NFOT aimms to
a. provide opportunity for learners in public and private elementary and secondary schools, as well as learners from the Alternative Learning System (ALS) to showcase their talents and skills through exhibition of their products, services and performances; and
b. provide opportunity for the participants to explore the culture of the host region.
3. The 2020 NFOT shall showcase talents and skills in the following areas:
a. Technolympics for Technology and Livelihood Education and Technical-Vocational-Livelihood;
b. Sining Tanghalan for Music and Arts;
c. Special Program in Foreign Language;
d. Musabaqah for ALIVE;
e. Sign Language and Braille Reading and Writing for learners with VI and HI;
f. National Population Development for Social Studies (Araling Panlipunan)
g. Pambansang Tagisan ng Talento for Filipino; and
h. Science Processes and Practices On-Site Test for Science, Technology and Mathematics.
4. The official logo for the 2020 NFOT is found in Enclosure No. 1 and the number of officcial delegates per region is indicated in Enclosure No.2 titled General Guidlines in the Conduct of the 2020 National Festival of Talents.
5. The specific guidlines for each skills exhibition are contained in the following enclosures:
Enclosure No. 3 – Specific Guidelines for 2020 Technolympics,
Enclosure No. 4 – Specific Guidelines for 2020 Sining Tanghalan,
Enclosure No. 5 – Specific Guidelines for 2020 Special Program in Foreign Language,
Enclosure No. 6 – Specific Guidelines for 2020 Musabaqah,
Enclosure No. 7 – Specific Guidelines for 2020 Sign Language and Braile Reading and Writing,
Enclosure No. 8 – Specific Guidelines for 2020 Population Development
Enclosure No. 9 – Specific Guidelines for 2020 Pambansang Tagisan ng Talento, and
Enclosure No. 10 – Specific Guidelines for 2020 Science Processes and Practices ON-Site Test.
6. The participation of the regions in the 2020 NFOT is not compulsory. Likewise, the regions are not required/obliged to participate in all different skills exhibitions or contest events if funds are not enough or due to other valid reasons.
7. There shall be no registration fee during the 2020 NFOT. Howeever, traveling expenses of participants going to and from the venue shall be charged to local funds or other sources, subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
8. The host region and the schools division shall provide meals in the billeting of schools, kits, identification tags, contest materials, and other related resources needed in the conduct of the 2020 NFOT based on the budget allocation. The first meal to be served shall be lunch on February 17, while the last meal shall be a.m. snack on February 21, 2020.
9. The head of the regional delegation is advised to coordinate closely with the host region and schools division to provide the details of the participants’ arrival and departure from the venue to ensure proper administrative arrangements with the concerned commitees.
10, For more information, please contact Dr. Jose D. Tuguinayo Jr., Chief Education Program Specialist or Ms. Marites P. Romen, Supervising Education Program Specialist, Bureau of learning Delivery-Student Inclusion Division, 4th Floor Bonifacio Building, Department of Education Central Office, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City.
11. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
SIGN UP TO DEPED TAMBAYAN NEWSLETTER
Join our Facebook Community and meet with fellow educators. Share and download teaching materials. Get important updates and read inspiring stories.