Republic of the Philippines
Department of Education
DepEd ORDER No .28, s. 2019
Guidelines on the Grant of the Performance-Based Bonus to the Department of Education Employees and Officials for Fiscal Year 2018
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Elementary and Secondary School Heads
All Others Concerned
- The Department of Education (DepEd) issues the enclosed Guidelines on the Grant of Performance-Based Bonus (PBB) to the Department of Education Employees and Officials for Fiscal Year 2018, which aims to provide a systematic, credible, and evidence-based policy of linking organizational and individual performance to personnel incentives, and recognizing and rewarding exemplary accomplishment to foster teamwork and meritocracy.
- The process, mechanism, and criteria on the grant of PBB shall guide all DepEd schools and offices in evaluating the performance of each delivery unit and personnel, and determining the level of personnel incentive corresponding to the level of achievement of their expected outputs.
- All DepEd Orders, and other related issuances, rules and regulations, and provisions which are inconsistent with these guidelines are repealed, rescinded, or modified accordingly.
- This policy shall take effect immediately upon its issuance.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES
(Enclosure to DepEd Order No. 028, s. 2019)
GUIDELINES ON THE GRANT OF PERFORMANCE-BASED BONUS TO THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION EMPLOYEES AND OFFICIALS FOR FISCAL YA 2018
1. With the thrust of the current administration to tighten the advocacy for intensified public accountability, heightened transparency, stronger fiscal discipline, and more efficient government processes, the government is leveraging the priorities of its Results-Based Performance Management System (RBPMS) and its people-centered Performance-Based Incentive System (PBIS) through requirements ad conditions aiming to fight corruption, achieve higher citizen satisfaction, and implement a firmer validation process to recognize outstanding performance in government service.
2. In May 28, 2018, the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) on the Harmonization of National Government Performance Monitoring, Information, and Reporting Systems under Administrative Order (AO) No. 25 s. 2011 issued Memorandum Circular (MC) No. 2018-1 entitled Guidelines on the Grant of the Performance-Based Bonus for Fiscal Year 2018 under Executive Order N. 80 s. 2012 and Executive Order No. 201 s. 2016, which lay down the requirements, conditions, and mechanisms on the grant of the Performance-Based Bonus (PBB) for fiscal year (FY) 2018.
EO No. 80, s. 2012 directs the adoption of the PBIS for government employees, consisting of the Productivity Enhancement Incentive (PEI) and the PBB. It is based on the principle that service delivery by the bureaucracy can be improved by linking personnel incentives to the office or deliver unit’s performance, and by recognizing ad rewarding exempla performance.
EO No. 201, s. 2016 provides that the compensation ad position classification shall be revised or updated to strengthen the PBIS in recognition of government personnel who play a greater role and carry a heavier responsibility in attaining performance targets and delivering results. It also reiterates that the AO25 IATF shall prescribe the conditions on eligibility and procedures for the grant of the enhanced PBB, including the raking system to recognize different levels of performance. One of the sad criteria is the agency submission of a System of Raking Delivery Units.
3. In view of the above, this Order aims to establish a PBB system by which DepEd’s performance as a organization and its personnel are evaluated and incentivized in a verifiable, credible, and standardized manner. It seeks to give monetary incentive to individual personnel based on his/her performance in achieving the expected outputs of his/her function. Ultimately, the aim of the grant of PBB in DepEd is to motivate higher performance and greater accountability, and ensure the achievement of education targets and commitments under the five (5) Key Result Areas (KRs) laid down in EO No. 43, s. 2011 and the Philippine Development Plan (PDP) 2017-2022.
Continue to read here
SIGN UP TO DEPED TAMBAYAN NEWSLETTER
This article is brought to you by Education PH, your reliable partner for learning and success. Sa halagang P499/year, makakadownload ka na ng mga premium learning materials para sa iyong anak o estudyante.