The Department of Education has issued DepEd Memorandum No. 21, s. 2020 or the “Second Set of Policy Directives of the DepEd Task Force nCoV” with the following key points:
1. All policy directives and measures contained in DM 15, s. 2020 entitled “First Set of Policy Directives of the DepEd Task Force nCoV” are sustained.
2. The following measures are reiterated and further elaborated:
a. The travel measures and restrictions as stipulated in Enclosure No. 2 to DM 15, s. 2020, remain in effect. Furthermore, all personnel and learners who decide to proceed with their scheduled personal travels to countries identified to have confirmed cases or persons under investigation for 2019-nCoV for the month of February shall be subject to mandatory self-quarantine for 14 days from the date of arrival in the Philippines.
b. The suspension of all national and regional activities involving learners and/or teachers requiring travel and congregation of various schools, divisions, and/or regions, and of all off-campus activities for the month of February 2020, as stipulated in Enclosure No. 2 to DM 15, s. 2020, remains in effect.
3. Also included are conditions on when classes can be suspended by the school principal, division superintendent, and/or regional director.
4. Private schools are highly encouraged to adopt the precautionary measures contained in DepEd’s memoranda pertaining to its response to the 2019-nCoV ARD.
5. DepEd will provide weekly advisory whether such suspension shall continue.
Read the statement of Secretary Leonor Magtolis Briones: https://www.deped.gov.ph/…/on-the-continuing-suspension-of…/
For more information, read DM 21, s. 2020: http://bit.ly/DM21S2020
Follow us at DepEd Philippines for the latest official updates on school concerns. Health information and tips can also be downloaded at www.deped.gov.ph/stopncov.
The Department of Education (DepEd) issues this Memorandum to provide further information and guidance to DepEd officials, personnel and staff at the Central Office, regional offices (ROs) and schools division offices (SDOs) and school nationwide, relative to the ongoing efforts of the Department to respond to the novel coronavirus acute respiratory disease (2019-nCoV ARD).
Read or download the whole memo.
Second Set of Policy Directives of the DepEd Task Force NCOV DM_s2020_021