The Department of Education through its Bureau of Human Resource and Organizational Development (DepEd-BHROD) announced the conduct of the 2018 Principals’ Test.
Passing the Principals’ Test (formerly known as NQESH or National Qualifying Examination for School Heads is one of the requirements for appointment to school principal and assistant school principal positions in public elementary and secondary schools. This is pursuant to previous department orders requiring all aspiring school heads to undergo an examination as part of their promotion requirements.
Application for the Principals’ Test this year commences on October 03, 2018 and ends on October 16, 2018. The examination is tentatively scheduled on November 18, 2018.
Below are the important dates for the 2018 Principals’ Test:
- October 3-16, 2018 – Online Application
- October 8-31, 2018 – Evaluation and validation of documents
- November 5, 2018 – Release of the final list of examinees and their respective testing venues
Requirements and Qualifications
To qualify as test takers, applicants must meet any of the following experience requirements as of October 31, 2018:
- One year as Head Teacher, or
- Two years as Teacher-in-Charge, or
- Two years as Master Teacher, or
- Five years as Teacher III or SPED Teacher, or
- Five years as incumbent public school teacher who has five years of managerial and supervisory experience in a DepEd-recognized private institution or Commission on Higher Education (CHED)-recognized higher education institution.
Unsuccessful takers for the past three Principals’ Test (2015-2017) shall be given a chance to re-take this years examination. However, takers who fail to pass the 2018 exam will be required to undergo a specialized preparatory course before applying for the next Principals’ Test.
SIGN UP TO DEPED TAMBAYAN NEWSLETTER
This article is brought to you by Education PH, your reliable partner for learning and success. Sa halagang P499/year, makakadownload ka na ng mga premium learning materials para sa iyong anak o estudyante.