DO 26, S. 2015 – DEPED LEARNER INFORMATION SYSTEM (LIS) AND ENHANCED BASIC EDUCATION INFORMATION SYSTEM (EBEIS) UPDATING FOR BEGINNING OF SCHOOL YEAR (BOSY) 2015-2016
June 26, 2015DO 26, s. 2015 Learner Information System (LIS) and Enhanced Basic Education Information System (EBEIS) Updating for Beginning of School Year (BOSY) 2015-2016
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- To establish accurate and reliable registries of learners and schools which will ensure availability of data and information needed for planning and budgeting, allocation of resources and setting operational targets to provide access to compete quality basic education, the Department of Education (DepEd) has implemented the Enhanced Basic Education Information System (EBEIS) and Learner Information System (LIS).
- All public and private elementary and secondary schools, state universities and colleges (SUCs) offering elementary and secondary education, and all programs under Alternative Learning System (ALS), including Abot-Alam, are directed to register and update their learners’ profiles through the LIS.
- Every learner in the basic education system shall be issued only one permanent Learner Reference Number (LRN) that he/she shall use throughout the entire basic education program. The Search Learner Facility of the LIS shall aid in determining whether or not the learner already has a LRN. A learner’s uniqueness must always be established before creating a new LRN.
- All public and private elementary and secondary schools and SUCs offering elementary and secondary education, are directed to ensure prompt, complete and accurate accomplishment of the EBEIS.
- Every school in the basic education system shall be issued a School ID. The Regional Office (RO) is tasked to submit the documents on the establishment of new public schools, recognition of private schools, and SUCs offering elementary and secondary education to the Central Office, through the Education Management Information System (EMIS) Division, for issuance of new School IDs. Upon issuance of the School ID, the Schools Division Office (SDO) is tasked to update the school’s basic profile in the EBEIS.
- The division planning officer and information technology officer shall be in-charge of the user account management. They shall issue user accounts for all public and private school heads, mobile teachers and Abot-Alam program facilitators and shall give them appropriate access rights in the LIS and EBEIS.
- The LIS and EBEIS shall be accessed through the web addresses: https://lis.deped.gov.ph and http://ebeis.deped.gov.ph, respectively. A single sign-on is available, linking both systems.
- For public schools, the concerned personnel shall follow these steps:
- The school principal and school Information Communications Technology (ICT) coordinator shall issue the user accounts to all homeroom advisers and shall give them appropriate access rights to their specific homeroom sections;
- Using as basis the School Form 1 (School Register), the homeroom advisers shall enrol all their learners into their section;
- For Kindergarten and Grade 1 pupils who underwent the catch-up program, the homeroom adviser shall register them into the LIS. They are automatically issued new LRNs by the system;
- For transferees from private schools, Balik Aral learners and learners who were enroled in public schools in SY 2014-2015 but do not have any LRNs yet after ensuring that a thorough search in the LIS has been conducted, the homeroom adviser shall register them into the LIS and submit the learner’s supporting documents to the SDO, through the Division Planning Unit;
- The Division Planning Unit shall approve the issuance of a new LRN to a learner after ensuring that the learner’s encoded details are accurate and he/she does not yet have an LRN in the system; and
- The homeroom advisers shall also update all required learners’ data for Beginning of School Year (BOSY) 2015-2016.
- The school principals shall update all required school data for BOSY 2015-2016;
- After ensuring that all required data have been accurately updated, they shall submit the updated profile in the system; and
- The school can download its SY 2015-2016 Government Elementary School Profile (GESP) or Government Secondary School Profile (GSSP), that contains its official BOSY enrolment from the LIS, and school data from the EBEIS in September 2015.
- For private schools and SUCs, the concerned personnel shall follow these steps:
- Download the LIS for Private Schools Form from the LIS “Help” page or through this URL: http://lis.deped.gov.ph/help;
- Fill-out the template with complete and accurate information on all enroled learners for this SY;
- Upload the completed masterlist in the LIS through http://lis.deped.gov.ph/uploadprivate2015; and
- The DepEd Central Office (CO) shall build up the initial registry of all private school learners in the LIS. Succeeding updates of the private schools’ master list of learners with corresponding LRNs and enrolment status will be done online through the LIS facility starting September 1, 2015.
- The school principal shall update all required school data for BOSY 2015-2016;
- The school can download its SY 2015-2016 Private Schools Profile (PSP) or SUCs Laboratory School Profile that contains its official BOSY enrolment from the LIS and school data from the EBEIS in September 2015.
- For DepEd delivered ALS programs, the concerned personnel shall follow these steps:
- Learning facilitators (mobile teachers, district ALS coordinators and Abot-Alam program facilitators) will register learners who have attended ALS program anytime from January 1 to June 5, 2015;
- Specify the program and delivery mode the learner is enroled in, the date of first attendance and status;
- Indicate learning center where the learner is enroled. A learning facilitator is only allowed to indicate a learning center within his/her area of assignment; and
- The learning facilitator can download its MIS 002 – Learners’ Profile from the LIS starting September 2015.
- For ALS DepEd procured and DepEd partner programs, the concerned personnel shall follow these steps:
- Persons-in-charge of the ALS programs shall download the LIS for ALS Form from the LIS “Help” page or through this URL: lis.deped.gov.ph/help;
- Fill-out the template with complete and accurate information on learners who have attended ALS programs within Calendar Year (CY) 2015;
- Submit the completed masterlist to the Division Education Program Supervisor (DEPS) for ALS. The Division EPS for ALS shall upload the completed masterlist in the LIS through http://lis.deped.gov.ph/uploadALS 2015; and
- The DepEd CO shall build up the initial registry of all ALS learners under DepEd procured, and DepEd partner programs in the LIS.
- For Abot-Alam enlisted learners, the concerned personnel shall follow these steps:
- For those enroled in existing DepEd delivered ALS programs, the mobile teacher shall mark the field of Abot-Alam in the learner’s profile;
- For those enroled in existing ALS DepEd procured and DepEd partner programs, the provider shall mark the column Abot-Alam in the LIS for ALS Form; and
- For those enroled in other programs, using the OSY database and the base file for the Progress Monitoring Sheet, the Division EPS for ALS shall encode the details of these learners and mark their program accordingly.
- The following timelines shall be observed:
|June 29-August 31, 2015||Updating of LIS for BOSY 2015-2016|
|July 6-August 31, 2015||Updating of EBEIS for BOSY 2015-2016|
|September 2015||Downloading of GESP, GSSP, PSP SUC Laboratory Schools’ Profile and ALS Learners’ Profile|
- A detailed manual and instructional videos are accessible in the LIS posted on https://lis.deped.gov.ph/help.
- The ROs and SDOs, through the planning officers, private school coordinator, EPS for ALS and information technology officers, shall jointly provide technical assistance to the schools to ensure the timeliness, accuracy and completeness of submitted data.
- The SDOs shall oversee the encoding of data for all concerned personnel with no access to Internet facilities.
- The LIS shall be secured, as far as practicable, with the use of the most appropriate standard required by the ICT industry. Further, in order to ensure that learner information are secured and protected, the collection, updating and processing of information shall be subject to the following accountabilities:
- The class adviser shall be responsible for collecting and updating of information on learners in the formal school, ensuring that data capture is supported by appropriate legal documents;
- The ALS facilitator shall be responsible for collecting and updating information on learners in ALS, ensuring that data captured is supported by appropriate legal documents and that sensitive learner information are protected from unauthorized access or disclosure; and
- The SH shall be responsible for implementing necessary policies and procedures in his/her school to ensure that the collection and processing of learning information is carried out in accordance with the guidelines provided in this Order and that sensitive learning information are protected from unauthorized access or disclosure.
- The aforementioned parties are granted security clearance to have access to the information in the LIS in their specific areas of responsibility. No other party shall be granted access to any information in the system unless a request for such security clearance is submitted and approved by the Office of the Secretary (OSec).
- DepEd, through the OSec shall ensure the security and confidentiality of learner information in the LIS and that processing of learner information and access to the same is in accordance with the provisions of the Data Privacy Act of 2012.
- All government employees involved in the LIS and EBEIS at the schools, district and division levels are allowed to render overtime (OT) services during weekdays, weekends, and holidays when necessary to meet the LIS target schedules. At the school level, these OT services can be converted to service credits.
- All previous issuances relative to this Order, which are found inconsistent are deemed superseded or modified accordingly.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd.) BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
DepEd Order Nos.: (13 and 42, s. 2014); and 19, s. 2015
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:DATA
You may Download the DepEd LIS below.
This article is brought to you by Education PH, your reliable partner for learning and success. Sa halagang P499/year, makakadownload ka na ng mga premium learning materials para sa iyong anak o estudyante.