Enrollment of students for school year 2020 to 2021 will start on June 1, Malacañang said Wednesday.
Presidential Spokesman Harry Roque made the announcement as he reiterated that the scheduled opening of classes on Aug. 24 would proceed sans ‘face to face’ classes.
“Enrollment will proceed because whether it be face-to-face or blended, you have to enroll your children because there has to be a basis for assessing whether or not after one year your children will progress to the next level,” Roque said in a television interview on Wednesday.
“What is certain is by August 24, formal learning will resume. What is uncertain is whether or not face-to-face classes will resume, that would really depend on whether we have achieved the new normal,” he added.
Earlier this week, President Rodrigo Duterte prohibited the resumption of ‘face to face’ classes or physical classes while community quarantines are still in place and unless a vaccine for the new coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is discovered.
“I will not allow the opening of classes na magdikit-dikit ‘yang mga bata. Bahala na, hindi na makatapos” Duterte said in a televised address on Tuesday.
Malacañang on Tuesday said blended learning could employ the use of different forms of media such as television, radio, and online instruction for the education of students.
The Department of Education had said that the opening of classes on Aug. 24 does not mean that students would be required to physically report for school as the agency is studying how to employ distance learning.
Download free learning materials
Free Instructional Materials reading materials and so much more
K-12 Powerpoint Presentations good for television displays
Detailed Lesson Plans for your lesson guides
15 Best Educational Websites for Teachers other websites for education