Tropical Cyclone: WARNING
Issued at 08:00 am, 14 September 2018
(Valid for broadcast until the next bulletin to be issued at 11:00 am today)
TYPHOON “OMPONG” INCREASES ITS THREAT OVER NORTHERN LUZON AS IT MOVES CLOSER.
- Occasional rains and gusty winds will be experienced over the areas under TCWS #1.
- Stormy weather is expected over areas under TCWS#2 and TCWS#3.
- TY “OMPONG” is expected to make landfall in Cagayan-Isabela area tomorrow early morning (Saturday,15 September).
- The Southwest Monsoon (Habagat) enhanced by the typhoon will bring moderate to occasionally heavy rains over Visayas while scattered light to moderate to at times heavy rains over Palawan, Zamboanga Peninsula, Northern Mindanao and Caraga. Residents in these areas, especially those living near river channels, in low-lying areas and in mountainous areas, are advised to take appropriate actions against possible flooding and landslides, coordinate with local disaster risk reduction and management offices, and to continue monitoring for updates.
- Fisherfolks and those with small seacrafts are advised not to venture out over the seaboards of areas with TCWS and the eastern seaboards of Visayas and of Mindanao.
Location of Eye/center
At 7:00 AM today, the eye of Typhoon “OMPONG” was located based on all available data at 595 km East Southeast of Tuguegarao City, Cagayan (15.9 °N, 127. °E )
Moving West Northwest at 20 kph
Maximum sustained winds of 205 kph near the center and gustiness of up to 255 kph
- 24 Hour(Tomorrow morning): In the vicinity of Peñablanca, Cagayan(17.6°N, 122.2°E)
- 48 Hour(Sunday morning):430 km West Northwest of Laoag City, Ilocos Norte (OUTSIDE PAR)(19.3°N, 116.7°E)
- 72 Hour(Monday morning): 1,205 km West of Basco, Batanes (OUTSIDE PAR)(21.2°N, 110.4°E)
- 96 Hour(Tuesday morning):1,800 km West of Basco, Batanes (OUTSIDE PAR)(21.8°N, 104.7°E)
The public and the disaster risk reduction and management council concerned are advised to take appropriate actions and watch for the next Severe Weather Bulletin to be issued at 11 AM today.
Severe Weather Bulletin Archive
SIGN UP TO DEPED TAMBAYAN NEWSLETTER
Join our Facebook Community and meet with fellow educators. Share and download teaching materials. Get important updates and read inspiring stories.