- Calendar your schedule: At work, I always have my table calendar where I schedule all the appointments with details as to place, time and participants. With this on my desk, I would not be missing out anything and would not be stressing my mind remembering.
- Manage your time and prioritize: Have a checklist of the tasks which need to be done prioritizing what is the most important or the most urgent. Urgent deadlines are stressful and you cannot control it but you can control your response.
- Ask instead of guessing: You cannot read minds and guessing will just cause misunderstanding and waste of time. Ask and get to the point and get things done accordingly.
- Focus on the present: Focus only on today, do not dwell in the past and take care of tomorrow when tomorrow comes so that there no need to worry too much.
- Get done with something that stresses or bothers you: Unfinished task that is disturbing your mind will cause negativity and make you stressed, so get the task done. Think of ways on how you start of continuing the unfinished work, and continue until finished.
- Listen to yourself and learn ways to relax your body: Schedule more time to take care of your health, be kind to yourself and prioritize your health. Take a deep breath and focus only on the air you are breathing in and out, it calms your body and mind. Laugh, believe me it’s really the best medicine.
- Be smart about the three fundamentals of energy; Get enough sleep, eat healthy and exercise. Regular exercise is one of the best ways to manage. Walking is great start.
Also you can browse these tips from lastsummer.com. “How can you, as a teacher, cope with stress at work?”