Due to Tropical Depression “EGAY”, together with southwest monsoon rains (Habagat), some classes on affected areas will be suspended on Monday, July 1 and 2, 2019.
According to PAGASA, as of 1:00 PM today, the center of Tropical Depression “EGAY” was estimated based on all available data at 175 km East of Calayan, Cagayan (19.5 °N, 123.1 °E ). Moving Almost Stationary with a maximum sustained winds of 45 kph near the center and gustiness of up to 60 kph
They added, today, the Southwest Monsoon will bring light to moderate with at times heavy monsoon rains over most of Luzon, including Metro Manila, and Western Visayas, while cloudy skies with scattered rainshowers and thunderstorms over Caraga, Davao Region, and the rest of Visayas. Today (02 July), monsoon rains continue over Metro Manila, Ilocos Region, Cordillera, Zambales, Bataan, Tarlac, Pampanga, Bulacan, Mindoro Provinces and Palawan.
- Manila (Pre-School to Grade School both public and private)
- Calumpit – All levels, public and private
- Hagonoy – All levels, public and private
- Bulakan – All levels, public and private
- Angeles City – preschool to senior high school, public and private
- Masantol- All levels, public and private
- Macabebe – Elementary and highschool, public and private
- Gauga – preschool to senior high school, public and private
- San Simon – preschool to senior high school, public and private
- San Luis – preschool to senior high school, public and private
Cancellation of classes for colleges and universities will be at discretion of school officials/ administrators.
PAGASA WEATHER UPDATE
- According to PAGASA weather update issued at 05:00 pm, 01 July 2019. To quote,
- Tropical Depression “Egay” has weakened into a Low Pressure Area (LPA). At 4:00 PM today, the Low
Pressure Area (LPA) formerly “EGAY” was estimated based on all available data at 190 km East Northeast of Calayan, Cagayan.
- Tropical Cyclone Wind Signal #1 over Batanes and Babuyan Group of Islands has been lifted.
- Due to the Low Pressure Area, light to moderate with at times heavy rains will be experienced over Batanes and the northern portions of Ilocos Norte, Apayao and Cagayan (including Babuyan Group of Islands) this afternoon until tomorrow early morning.
- The Southwest Monsoon will continue to bring light to moderate with at times heavy monsoon rains over Metro Manila, Central Luzon, CALABARZON and MIMAROPA this afternoon until tomorrow early morning. Meanwhile, cloudy skies with scattered rainshowers and thunderstorms will prevail over Visayas and the rest of Luzon.Note: PAGASA weather announcement will be updated soon as the latest forecast has been posted.
This article is brought to you by Education PH, your reliable partner for learning and success. Sa halagang P499/year, makakadownload ka na ng mga premium learning materials para sa iyong anak o estudyante.