The Department of Education (DepEd) has released updates on the academic calendar for school year 2020-2021.
The updates come following calls for easing of academic load due to challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic and adjustments to distance learning, and a series of class suspensions in different areas over the past few weeks due to a series of typhoons that devastated parts of the Philippines.
Below are changes that teachers, students, and parents should take note of:
- Quarter 1 is extended until December 12, 2020.
- Quarter 2 shall be from January 4, 2021 to February 27, 2021.
- Quarter 3 shall be from March 1, 2021 to April 24, 2021
- Quarter 4 shall be from April 26, 2021 to June 11, 2021.
- The week of December 14-19, 2020 will be devoted to In-Service Training (INSET) which may include MELCs-based Quarter 2 planning for Distance Learning Delivery Modalities (DLDM). Based on the retrieved modules in Quarter 1, the MELCs actually covered relative to their targeted weeks of implementation may be studied. The results of the study shall be the bases in programming the MELCs and their corresponding modules for Quarter 2 implementation starting on January 4, 2021.
- The week of December 14-19 may also be used for other activities at the Regional Office (RO), Schools Division Office (SDO), and school levels to assess the implementation of the contextualized Learning Continuity Plan (LCP) and gather evidence as basis for plan adjustments.
- The Regional Offices (ROs), Schools Division Offices (SDOs), and public schools are fully authorized to implement other measures deemed appropriate for their respective contexts.
SIGN UP TO DEPED TAMBAYAN NEWSLETTER
Join our Facebook Community and meet with fellow educators. Share and download teaching materials. Get important updates and read inspiring stories.